Senior Education Director
Vice President Education
The Senior Education Director will oversee the execution and expansion of JA’s in-classroom programs in the territory of Junior Achievement of Greater Washington in accordance with the organization’s yearly operating plan. Primarily responsible for managing and supporting the work of JA’s regional Education Team this position is critical to the organization’s vertical and horizontal coordination.
This position requires a person that can work across dynamic, high-achieving teams, coordinate internal and external programmatic initiatives, support and develop field personnel, and act as an external representative for Junior Achievement. Ensures the organization’s student outreach goals for assigned area.
Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with school and corporate partnerships, monitoring of program implementation for adherence to model and quality, and interfacing with Development and Communications department. Manages all assigned support staff.
- Coordinates with Vice President of Education on implementation of program growth per yearly operating plan as it supports the organization’s long-term strategic growth plan.
- Supports the Vice President of Education on implementation of departmental initiatives as they support the organization’s long-term strategic growth plan.
- Supervises program quality. Assures adherence to local program models and Junior Achievement USA implementation standards..
- Assists regional Education Managers with development of yearly calendar for program implementation including timetables, procedures, and responsibilities to be accomplished.
- Oversees distribution of resources across geographic territory and programmatic initiatives, synching with the JA Finance Park® program.
- Identifies gaps in program resources and coordinates with Development Department to identify companies and individuals whose philanthropic interests are similar to the mission of Junior Achievement.
- Oversees development and implementation of tactical plan to recruit and retain individual, community, and corporate volunteers to reach organization’s student outreach goals.
- Oversees development and implementation of tactical plan to recruit and retain school and teacher partners to reach organization’s student outreach goals.
- Oversees implementation of comprehensive recognition plan for program stakeholders.
- Oversees grant-driven program deliverables and coordinates reporting process among the Education, Development, Operations and Communications teams.
- Prepares and reviews weekly targets and long-range forecasts with Vice President of Education.
- Sets and evaluates individual goals of regional Education Managers. Ensures appropriate training and mentoring.
- Oversees yearly budget development for in-classroom program implementation.
- Ensures team’s timely and accurate data entry.
- Participates in community events to maintain Junior Achievement’s position.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience supervising and supporting the professional development of a team.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Outlook.
- Team-oriented and detail-oriented with a strong ability to communicate and work in a timely manner under pressure with competing priorities.
- Previous work experience in non-profit or education sector.
- Previous work experience in program management.
- Experience with a CRM database.
- Position located in Washington, DC and requires local travel. Must have reliable personal transportation.
- Position requires significant computer usage and occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
Please submit a résumé, cover letter, and professional writing example to Chelsea.Soneira@ja.org. No phone calls, please.