Education Associate (Part-time, afternoon team)
Education Director, JA Finance Park® Fairfax County
JA Finance Park® is a state-of-the art, youth financial literacy center in Fairfax, VA, which reaches nearly 14,000 8th grade students each year. Over 13,000 Fairfax County 8th grade students will visit the center in 2016-2017. Volunteers from the community are trained each morning to support the students through the simulation at JA Finance Park.
This position is part of a team that facilitates the JA Finance Park simulation. Responsibilities include collaborating with the morning staff, collecting data and feedback from constituents, providing structure and support throughout the simulation for volunteers, teachers and students, and preparing the facility for the next day, including use by partners and other groups.
Additional responsibilities can include daily set-up and training volunteers and students. The part time staff is responsible for engaging and guiding middle school students through the JA Finance Park experience.
- Implements the JA Finance Park simulation during school visits.
- Guide students and volunteers through 2nd part of the day by reading script of announcements and answering questions.
- Support and engage teachers throughout the JA Finance Park simulation experience.
- Cleans and prepares the facility for school and external visits each day.
- Maintains the facility between school and external visits. Communicates with appropriate staff on program material needs, volunteer and teacher needs, and visitor/partner needs.
- Maintains inventory for supplies needed for program.
- If needed, assists in timely data entry, including report generation, as required to ensure positive program management.
- Assists in appropriate correspondence, communications, and follow up, as needed.
- Completes all necessary tasks required to ensure longevity of program and building.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 1+ years’ experience working with school-aged students preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible with hours.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Position hire is contingent on Fairfax County Public Schools background check.
JA Finance Park Fairfax County
4099 Pickett Rd
Fairfax, VA 22032
20 hours per week, variable on a pre-determined schedule. The afternoon team works 4 hours per day scheduled between primary hours: 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., 10:40 a.m. – 2:40 p.m. 10:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m., and 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. dependent on the school we have visiting.
Schedule will be provided well in advance.
$17 / hour
Please send resume and cover letter to Caitlin.Hennessy@ja.org No phone calls, please.