Education Associate (Part-time, afternoon team)
Education Director, JA Finance Park® Prince George's County
JA Finance Park is a state-of-the art, youth financial literacy center in Landover, Maryland, which reaches nearly 9,000 8th grade students each year. Over 8,000 Prince George’s County 8th grade students will visit the center in 2015-2016. Volunteers from the community and school teachers mentor students through this experience.
This position is part of a team that facilitates the JA Finance Park simulation. Responsibilities include daily set-up, training volunteers and students, providing structure and support through the simulation, and preparing the facility for the afternoon team. The incumbent is responsible for engaging and shepherding middle school students through the JA Finance Park experience.
- Implements the JA Finance Park simulation during school visits.
- Train and support volunteers in JA Finance Park simulation.
- Support students and teachers throughout the JA Finance Park simulation experience.
- Prepares the facility for school and external visits.
- Maintains the facility in between school and external visits. Communicates with appropriate staff on all program material needs, volunteer needs, and teacher needs.
- Maintains inventory for curriculum, product materials, and supplies.
- Assists in timely data entry, including report generation, as required to ensure positive program management.
- Assists in appropriate correspondence, communications, and follow up, as needed.
- Supports and assists with external events at JA Finance Park.
- Completes all necessary tasks required to ensure longevity of program and building.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 1+ years’ experience working with school-aged students preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible with hours.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Position hire is contingent on Prince George's County Public Schools background check.
JA Finance Park® Prince George's County
960 Nalley Road
Landover, MD 20785
20 hours per week, variable on a pre-determined schedule. The afternoon team works 4 hours per day, to be scheduled between primary hours: 11:00 am and 4:30 pm.
Schedule will be provided well in advance.
$17 / hour
Please send resume and cover letter to Chelsea.Soneira@ja.org. No phone calls, please.