Director, Regional Development and Campaign Operations
Vice President of Development
The Director of Regional Development and Campaign Operations is a senior level leader and manager on the Development team, and reports directly to the Vice President of Development.
The Director will drive strategy, implementation and management of JA’s region-wide development activities, including event fundraising, board fundraising and stewardship, and the organization’s recently launched multi-million dollar capital and operating campaign. The Director will also collaborate with JA’s local Development Directors to create and implement an annual budget and fundraising strategy that positions the organization for growth. In addition, the Director is responsible for overseeing the administrative operations within the Development Department.
The position includes direct supervision of one to two development managers, dotted line supervision of the development administration manager, and deep collaboration with all development team members, program team leadership, organizational leadership and senior level board members.
A strong candidate for this position should be a results-oriented leader with a proven ability to strategize, implement and manage fundraising plans across function and department. The ideal candidate is a strong project and team manager, and internal driver, and a strong external communicator who can confidently and effectively manage senior level volunteer leadership. He/she must be able to work across fundraising verticals and organizational departments to foster a culture of collaborative fundraising by managing up, down and out, and will be expected to strategize to cultivate new and existing relationships, with the end goal of achieving revenue goals and creating long-standing partnerships and donors.
- Serve as a member of the development senior staff, working closely with the VP of Development to set goals, devise strategies, manage team members and develop a culture of collaboration, team work and entrepreneurialism. Provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to direct reports, and other staff members across the organization as needed
- Manage a team of one to two junior to mid-level fundraising staff
- Oversee the administrate operations supporting the development department, including database, budget management, etc.
- Design, implement and manage all fundraising activities to support three primary fundraising verticals/constituent groups:
Board – annual engagement plans
Events – annual Washington business Hall of Fame Gala and JA Bowl-a-Thons
Campaign – $15M-$25M campaign to increase operational support and bring an experiential hands on learning center to the District of Columbia
- Manage assigned Board-level committees, to include but not limited to the Campaign Committee and Hall of Fame Gala Committee, in support of revenue goals, including meeting preparation, management and individual committee member management.
- Establish, organize and implement cultivation strategies through Board members, community leaders and volunteer committees
- Manage the moves management process for prospects to be managed by the VP of Development and President and CEO
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to take on other duties, as necessary
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Experience Requirements and Desired Skills:
- Previous work experience in non-profit or education sector.
- Previous work experience in program management.
- Experience with a CRM database.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of demonstrated successful fundraising experience
- Experience managing a development office/team that successfully converted strategy into concrete financial results
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant monetary commitments from donors of all types through volunteer committee management
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques
- Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing at appropriate levels for varied proposal development
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective donors and volunteers through in person, telephone and email communication
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to foster teamwork among Board Members, colleagues, and department staff
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision
- Commitment to the Junior Achievement mission
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is necessary and experience with a donor management system (like Blackbaud products) is highly preferred
- Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs, willingness to work outside standard established business hours
JAGW offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a fun, challenging work environment. EOE. Please email a cover letter and resume to Rachael Doss, Rachael.Doss@ja.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.