Position Title: Education Associate (Part-time, afternoon team)
Location: JA Finance Park®, Landover, MD
Reports To: Education Manager, Finance Park
Hours: 20 hours per week, variable on a pre-determined schedule. The afternoon team works 4 hours per day scheduled between primary hours: 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m, 10:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m., 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., or 11:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m., or 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., dependent on the school we have visiting.
Schedule will be provided well in advance.
Junior Achievement Finance Park® is a state-of-the art, youth financial literacy center in Landover, Maryland, which reaches nearly 9,000 8th grade students each year. Over 9,000 Prince George’s County 8th grade students will visit the center in 2017-2018. Volunteers from the community and school teachers mentor students through this experience. This position is part of a team that facilitates the JA Finance Park® simulation. Responsibilities include collaborating with the morning staff during afternoon changeover, securing essential data and feedback, providing structure and support throughout the simulation for volunteers, teachers and students, and preparing the facility for the next day, including use by sponsors and other groups. Additional responsibilities can include daily set-up and training volunteers and students. The incumbent is responsible for engaging and shepherding middle school students through the JA Finance Park® experience.
Implements the JA Finance Park® simulation during school visits.
- Train and support volunteers in JA Finance Park® simulation.
- Support students and teachers throughout the JA Finance Park® simulation experience.
- Prepares the facility for school and external visits, as well as external events at JA Finance Park®.
- Maintains the facility in between school and external visits and various external events. Communicates with appropriate staff on all program material needs, volunteer and teacher needs, and visitor needs.
- Maintains inventory for curriculum, product materials, and supplies.
- Assists in timely data entry, including report generation, as required to ensure positive program management.
- Assists in appropriate correspondence, communications, and follow up, as needed.
- Supports and assists with external events at JA Finance Park®.
- Completes all necessary tasks required to ensure longevity of program and building.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 1+ years’ experience working with school-aged students preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible with hours.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Position hire is contingent on Prince George’s County Public Schools background check.
960 Nalley Rd. Landover, MD
$17 / hour
Please send resume and cover letter to Caitlin.Hennessy@ja.org. No phone calls, please.