On Tuesday, July 12, Junior Achievement of Greater Washington wrapped up the 2015-2016 JA® Bowl-A-Thon season with an Awards and Recognition Reception at Cesco Osteria in Bethesda, Maryland.
At the event, hosted by Bowl Committee Chair and JA Board of Directors Secretary, Mike Steinitz of Robert Half, Steinitz announced that, all together, JA bowlers raised over $515,000 during the 2015-2016 Bowl-A-Thon season, the highest total dollars raised in JA of Greater Washington's history.
This year, Accenture made great strides for Junior Achievement and came in as both the top corporate fundraiser with sponsorship and also the top corporate fundraiser with only fundraising. Altogether, Accenture contributed over $62,000 to the grand total fundraising and for that, Junior Achievement of Greater Washington is especially appreciative.
At the event JA honored the Bowl Committee, Coordinators, and Teams as well as the winners of the first annual JA Bowl-A-Thon Regional Competitions. In addition to these honorees, Junior Achievement of Greater Washington gave out a special award to Tiffany Ferriss from Robert Half who went above and beyond to secure matching gifts through her organization, Robert Half.
The winners of each Regional Competition category this year are as follows. Please click here to read more about each award.
The Big Green Award - Accenture - $62,124
Hear Us Roar Award - Accenture - $59,124
Growth Spurt Award - Grant Thornton - 85% growth
Strongest Link Award - BB&T - Average $225/bowler
New Kid on the Block Award - Korn Ferry - $6,523
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work Award - "K" Ray Street Kids - $11,420
Boss Award - Brian Meenaghan, BB&T - $6,740
In addition, we recognized each of the Bowl Coordinators from our Bowl companies. These coordinators include:
- Darrell Gullatt, Tiffany Lin, & Jamie Rabb - Accenture
- Josh McLeish & Deanna Devaney – CrossCountry Consulting
- Mike Strasburg & Walter Brickman - EY
- Chris Morgan and Ed Glasscock - PwC
- Josh Howarth and Tiffany Ferriss – Robert Half
- Chris Spahr – Stanley Martin Homes
- Jamie Hahn and Renovia Forde – Willkie Farr Gallagher
- Mary Royals – Bank of America
- Whitney Cole – Clark Construction
- Joy Candelieri - EagleBank
- Tamara Bienert – Grant Thornton
Finally, we recognized our Bowl-A-Thon Committee members for their hard work. These committee members include:
- Darrell Gullatt & Jamie Rabb – Accenture
- osh Howarth & Tiffany Ferriss – Robert Half
- Mike Strasburg & Walter Brickman – EY
- Chris Morgan – PwC
- Jamie Hahn – Willkie Farr Gallagher
- Josh McLeish – CrossCountry
- Chris Spahr – Stanley Martin
The JA Bowl-A-Thon is JA of Greater Washington's second biggest fundraiser, only second to the Washington Business Hall of Fame. It's on-the-ground fundraising at its best and without the Bowl-a-Thon and the individuals who commit to rolling up their sleeves, raising money, and putting on their bowling shoes in the name of JA and the boundless potential of our youth, JA wouldn’t be able to reach the over 65,000 students reached last year.