Do you want to learn what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Interested in someday owning your own business? The JA Company Program gives you the chance to put your ideas into action by starting and running your own startup with other students and with the guidance of volunteer role models from the business community.
The innovative, digital, 21st century JA Company Program proves that this isn’t your Grandpa’s Junior Achievement. The re-imagined experience will spark the entrepreneurial spirit in students by helping them understand how to incubate and foster a successful enterprise. It will establish a pipeline of inspired and prepared individuals who will be the entrepreneurial game changers that will profoundly impact our economy.
Participants in the JA Company Program will:
- Learn to launch and run a company (and actually do it!)
- Apply entrepreneurial thinking to all aspects of school, work, and life
- Build self-confidence (and your résumé)
- Expand your network by meeting other teen entrepreneurs and business professionals
- Improve your marketable skills
- Prepare for college and beyond
- Have fun!
Time Commitment: 2 hours per week from October 2018 to April 2019
Location: Various after-school locations will be available throughout the DC area based on demand.
Eligibility: Open to students in 9th through 12th grade. Company size will vary depending on location, ranging from 8 to 20 students.
- Participate in DC-wide Quick Pitch Competition for Seed Money (December 2018)
- Participate in Spark Tank Competition (April 2019)
- Compete to participate in JA’s 2019 National Student Leadership Summit (June 2019)
Application Deadline: Oct. 1, 2018
Interested in the JA Company Program?
Let us know when and where you would like to participate so that we can keep you updated.
Contact Gayle Robinson, Director, Program Innovation
at (703) 426-1564 or Gayle.Robinson@JA.org