The JA of Greater Washington student entrepreneurs who created Pick-Me-Up were recently named as one of the top 15 finalists for the JA National Student Leadership Summit, which takes place on Capital Hill this coming summer.
Students representing each of the teams listed below will convene in Washington, D.C., from June 18-22, 2017, and will represent thousands of U.S. participants in JA Company Program, sponsored by the Hartford Foundation, this school year.
JA’s National Student Leadership Summit is made possible by the generous support of our friends at The Hartford, Delta Air Lines, FedEx, and ICE NYSE. The following JA Companies have been selected to compete at the 2017 NSLS:
· Aeon Enterprise – JA of Southeast Texas
· Alpha Necessities – JA of South Florida
· CHAAO – JA of the Chisholm Trail
· Crimson Café – JA of the Upper Midwest
· D2BU – JA of Delaware
· Feel The Color – JA of the Chisholm Trail
· Good Nashville – JA of Middle Tennessee
· knada – JA of Southeastern Pennsylvania
· Medley – JA of Central Maryland
· Pawsitively Remembered – JA of East Central Ohio
· Pick-Me-Up – JA of Greater Washington
· Say Sew – JA of the Upper Midwest
· The Last Drop – JA of Georgia
· Vibes Inc. – JA of Northern New England
· Wov-In – JA of South Florida
In addition to competing for JA Company of the Year—powered by The Hartford—JA Company teams also will compete for these prestigious awards: the Delta Social Impact Award, the FedEx Access Award, the ICE NYSE Best Financial Performance Award, and the JA Social Media Award.
At the NSLS, JA students will have the chance to demonstrate their business acumen, creativity, and entrepreneurial thinking in a competitive environment on a national stage—showcasing their companies to Members of Congress and business leaders.
JA of Greater Washington is so proud of the students for their hard work and dedication to the JA Company Program. We look forward to supporting the Pick-Me-Up team in June.